Gutters are considered a minor component of a roof in terms of size, but they actually contribute a great deal to the durability and look of a building. They are intended for properly channeling water runoff from the roof to the ground. Gutters can also be an aesthetic part of the design of the house. Gutter’s plans and functionality have changed over the years. There have been major improvements in the type of materials used and installation methods. There are various gutter designs. One of them is the seamless gutter that most professionals often prefer due to its amazing design and durability.
Function Gutter has a very important role in any building, despite its small shape, especially in the rainy season. Did you know that rain moving down a sloped roof contains great velocity that can damage any concrete pavement? By splattering from the impact it can also soak the adjacent walls, causing any wood to rot. Basically, gutters are designed to collect water from the room edges and redirect it through a drainage system. Although water protection is their main role, they can also be a great design element in the house with amazing colors, shapes, and designs.
- Sectioned VS Seamless gutters: Gutters can be categorized based on several points, including the type of material used and method of construction. There are normally two methods of gutter construction:
- Sectioned: Such gutters are ideal for DIY efforts because they are pre-formed and pre-cut to a specific length. Such gutters can be directly purchased from any construction store. Anyone with a little DIY knowledge can set up the system with few cuts and some sealant.
- Seamless: Such gutters are constructed from a very long and custom-formed metal strip that is to cut for a specific roof to minimize the number of joints. Generally, seamless gutters require professional installation. Seamless gutters are preferred due to their advantage in the terms of durability in rainy weather. They do possess better aesthetic features as compared to sectioned gutters.
- Aesthetic Advantage: One of the great advantages of seamless gutter is that they can be freely customized into any kind of shape instead of being limited to available shelf designs. As the raw metal strip is shaped and machined right at the site, it offers flexibility to be just about any shape to best compliment the roof. Color blending to surrounding elements is much better and easier because of the fully customized gutters. A contrasting color can be chosen rather than pre-painted gutters from home improvement stores.
- Practical Advantage: In terms of durability, seamless gutters offer a longer service life than sectioned gutters because there are a reduced number of seams in seamless gutters; therefore, they are less prone to leakages. They also give you the option of choosing thicker material. In summary, seamless gutters are the best choice for those looking for durability, customization, and quality finish.